I wonder what happened to the blog I created last Wednesday. I suppose it has been deleted. I'm adding this blog to have at least one blog entry for the full day class schedule tomorrow.
I've done some work for this class. I had used wordle in four of my classes on Thursday which went quite well. Prior to a geometry test, I had students volunteer topics that would be covered on the test, typed those into the wordle template, and generated a word cloud poster that I was able to share with the students. In my algebra II class, I had students write down three words on what logarithms met to them and they generated another word cloud poster with the most prominent words being Confusing, Complicated, and Boring. Sigh. I failed the students as a teacher. For my integrated math class, I had the students do a check in and the word cloud poster's largest word was "Tired". Figures.
I've added a couple of video clips to my Google sites page, one dealing with Abbot and Costello math and another showing the orbits of stars near the galatic center as they orbit a black hole.
Tomorrow for class, I need to rremember to bring my camera, my headphones and my cell phone. Hope the class is a success.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
actually sounds like a very cool integration into the classroom. I am always a little hesitant to actually hook my computer up to the media cart. I will be inspired by your example! good dinner at DAC this time, wasn't it?
Hi Don,
I'd LOVE to know what "Abbott & Costello" math is!!!
hi don!
Post a Comment